When it comes to playing Blackjack, there is a right way and a wrong way to play. I’ve played Blackjack for over a decade span and I never played it for fun. I played for money and a lot of it. Why did I quit? I realized I had a big problem, a severe addiction. Believe me, I made way more than I ever lost, I had a fantastic teacher. There are definite rules/odds that you play with this game, and here they are:
1) You MUST be consistent, play the same odds always no matter what.
2) If you lose 4 hands in a row, LEAVE, it’s time for a new table.
3) INSURANCE. You only insure 10,11,20 and 21s. Anything else is a terrible waste of money. Why insure a blackjack? If the dealer has a blackjack and you do as well, house has the advantage, and wins!
4) Double Downs. Only double down when the dealer is showing a 6 or less. Force the dealer to draw the bigger cards. Odds say you will win this 88% of the time or better, it’s accurate. If you do it the other way and draw a small card, YOU LOSE!!
5) Splits. NEVER split unless the dealer has a 6 or less showing. If you do, don’t take a hit if you’re showing 12 or higher unless you have an ace in there. Again, if you do and draw a small card, odds say that 92.5% of the time YOU LOSE!!
6) Dealer Bust Hand. A dealer bust hand is when the dealer is showing a 6 or less. NEVER HIT if you have a 12 or higher, unless you have an ace, then you should hit ONE TIME ONLY! You always assume the dealer has a “10” in the hole.
7) ONE EXCEPTION. You ALWAYS SPLIT aces and 8s no matter what the dealer is showing.
8) BETS. You never insure but 10,11,20 and 21s as stated above, otherwise you’re wasting your money. The likely hood of you drawing the right hand and beating the dealers hand is less than 50%, so why would you want to throw good money to protect those odds?
9) MORE ABOUT BETS. Place the same bet every hand. If you lose a $100 bet and then bet $50 on the next hand and win, you are still a loser. If you were consistent, you would’ve lost only your anny.
10) PLAY WITHIN YOUR MEANS. Don’t bet money you can’t afford to lose. Losers remorse isn’t good or healthy.
Those are the rules. Vegas odds, as well as the true REAL players as I was, will tell you. If you follow these rules, you will come out ahead around 81.2% of the time. It takes a great deal of patience and being CONSISTENT!!!
Take my advice, stay within your means. I played well beyond mine, but I was very fortunate to have had a great teacher and to have followed these rules EXACTLY!! Don’t let the game rule you and develop into a problem. Always stay in control! If you gamble in this game or decide to try it, follow these rules and GOOD LUCK!